:: Leadership :: Province Leadership Team

In response to a request from Bishop Charbannoux of Mysore, Sr. Mary Euphrasia sent five sisters to India. Leaving Angers on 28th January 1854 they travelled by ship and after eight months of tedious journey, reached Pondicherry on 2nd August 1854. From there they continued their journey by bullock cart, reaching Bangalore on the evening of 14th August1854. On the very same day they began their mission of witnessing to the merciful love of Jesus the Good Shepherd by serving the poor and disadvantaged girls and women who were waiting for them.

We functioned as one province up to 2013, serving the dalits,tribals, the disadvantaged and marginalized,especially women and children through our various ministries like:- social action, residential care, health care and education. In order to be more effective in our ministries and for administrative purposes we branched out in to two provinces in November 2013, namely Province of South West India and Province of Central East India / Nepal. The Province of Central East India / Nepal consists of all our convents in Andhra Pradesh, Telengana, Maharashtra, Goa, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Tamil Nadu and Nepal with the Provincialate in Nagpur, Maharashtra.We continue to share the agony of the marginalized and the vulnerable people and many of our sisters live among them courageously crossing the socio cultural boundaries. It is interesting to note that the Congregation of Our Lady of Charity to which St. Mary Euphrasia entered, merged with the Congregation of Our Lady of Charity of the Good Shepherd on 27th June 2014 since both the Congregations share the same Charism and Mission.

Developed by ArcherWebSol

Copyright © 2014 - GOOD SHEPHERD - All Rights Reserved