The Congregation of Our Lady of Charity of the Good Shepherd was founded in France in 1835 by St. Mary Euphrasia Pelletier. She was born on 31st July, 1796 in France. She was gifted with a deep love for humanity and she revered each person in her/his uniqueness. The socially marginalized young girls and women of her time, found in her a loving mother and teacher. By the time of her death on 24th April, 1868 she had founded 110 convOur Communitiesents across the world, including one in India in 1854.
The Sisters of the Good Shepherd set foot in Bangalore on 14th August, 1854 to witness the Merciful Love of our Shepherd God through the Mission of Reconciliation.
Five decades ago, we became more aware of our target groups in all our ministries viz., the dalits and tribals, the disadvantaged and the marginalized. Therefore, we opened small communities in the rural set up. We had initiated the Integrated Development of Dalits and Tribals, through education, health care and formation of self-help groups.Read More